Re: Does Windows work? was: What Do Teachers need to teach?

> The main reason I will persist with Linux is the Bill gates black hole and
> the stability it promises!!
> My Board of Trustees are suspicious of anything that does not look like what
> their children will experience in the "real" world.  Mostly MS Office!!!

Odd, but that isn't necessarily true.  There are lots of places (at least in
this country) that use Unix and its many flavors.  The neat part, is those
places are where the money is (for employees).

>>maybe is a luxury compared to your situation  . but Government wants
>>computers in all schools . .

Ours too, but at least my principal is trying to do something about the 50
students in Algebra I first.