Re: [seul-edu] Volunteer wanted: html for next and back buttons for weekly reports

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 04:22:34AM -0500, Jeff Waddell wrote:
> -->Our seul-edu weekly reports are missing "next week's" and "last week's"
> -->buttons that people can click. This means that most people don't think
> -->to go look for other weekly reports. I think it would be very convenient
> -->(and useful) if they could do this.
>
> As would a search capability (perhaps indexed with htdig?)

Well, we already index everything with htdig
(http://www.seul.org/htdig/search.html)

But you're right, we don't have a specific ability to search the seul-edu
weekly reports. Do other people think this would be useful? How would
you like to see it, from a user interface point of view?

> stuck between the </table> and the <address> line

Spiffy.

I've added it to
http://www.seul.org/edu/report27.html

What do people think?

> I'd put it in php and make it dynamic but I'm too tired and I don't know
> if seul.org even runs php so.  There's a rough draft, somebody fix it....
> ;)  You can put in img-src and alt tags as well if you REALLY wish it to
> have graphical buttons looking thingies and still be text browser
> friendly.

Yes, we do run php3. As well as shtml and eperl.
Anybody want to play with adding graphical buttons?

Thanks,
--Roger