Re: [seul-edu] School Networking Guide

At 11:54 AM 9/6/00 -0400, Doug Loss wrote:
>Ray asked for some help in defining and portioning out the effort to
>get a School Networking Guide written.  I've seen very little
>response here and I hope that isn't indicative of lack of interest
>in helping.  If we don't write this it won't get written, folks.
>Chris Lehmann, Chris Hobbs, Harry McGregor, you all have a fair
>amount of experience in setting up Linux labs in schools; how about
>sharing it with us?  I know there are others on this list with
>similar ability.  Let's get to work on this!

Thanks for the follow-up, Doug. I mentioned in my initial message that I
would be happy to receive responses either on the list or privately, and
that I would summarize all responses over the weekend. So far, I've seen two
offers of help with the "prepress" component (one of them private to me),
one comment about outline, and one offer of help.

As I said in my original message, I'm looking to gauge both the interest in
this project and the actual support for it from the list's responses. If I
had to decide today, it would be to give up on it. Perhaps it really is not
needed, and existing resources are adequate ... there is, after all, a lot
of material on networking already out there, some of it even oriented toward
schools.

But I'm hoping that many of you (in the US) are just catching up from the
holiday weekend and will post in the next few days. So let's wait till next
Monday to decide.

Please see my eariler, lengthy message for the details.

Palo Alto, CA           	 	         ray@comarre.com