Re: [seul-edu] App idea: classroom permissions manager

>   The student management system that you are describing is exactly
> what I would like.  We have a new Linux lab.  Our lab last year was a
> Mac lab of 5200's OS7.6.  We managed them with At Ease.  The program
> did everything you laid out.  I keep hoping that something similiar
> will be available in Linux.  My At Ease years were the easiest
> management years I had in a computer lab.  Students could change and
> access only the applications that I chose for them.  I could place
> their names on and off a list in seconds.
>   I, like you, do not have the knowledge to write a management
> program, but I would like to take advantage of one.  Our
> administration is dragging its feet on the networking in my new lab.
> Students currently log in to a generic student account, save to the
> home/student file, and then transfer personal documents to a disk.  I
> feel like I have stepped back in time!

Perhaps, logging in X directly and managing different users
and different GNOME desktops for every user/group this could be
possible.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  WYSIWYG: What You See Is What You Get.