Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Computers in the classroom]

>  Is this a common problem for Linux in general?  I am new to the
>operating system.
As far as I know, it is not a common problem.  We have 4 linux servers that
run 24 / 7, and have never had a problem with the monitors.
>  We are currently running our 30 machines as stand alone
>workstations with students logging in as a generic student and saving
>to disks.  Should the computers we have be difficult to set up in a
>server based network with students saving data to the server and
>accessing it by logging it at any computer in the lab?
Not really that difficult.  You install NFS on the server, and export the
home directory.  Then mount whatever:/home on the workstations.  Then you
install NIS (on both the server and the clients), which will enable you to
set up user accounts that can login from any workstation.