Re: Packaging edu software (was: Re: [seul-edu] [Fwd: Computers in the classroom])

Ben Armstrong wrote:

> I'd rather see a more centralized, distro-neutral list where Debian-Jr's
> packaging status is indicated in one column of the list.  Basically, it
> would just be a search link back to the Debian BTS (Bug Tracking System)
> so nothing would need to be hand-maintained.  Now that our WNPP (Work
> Needed and Prospective Packages) list is maintained in the BTS, it should
> be a simple search query against the WNPP to find any RFP, ITP, or RFS
> (Request for Package, Intent to Package, Request for Sponsor, respectively)
> for the package name.  The only glitch is that different people might call
> the same package by different names.  Any such "TODO" list needs to
> account for that in a generalized (i.e. distro-neutral) way.

Ben, I'm not familiar with the Debian BTS.  Is it something simple to install
that we might be able to put on the SEUL servers somewhere?  If so, it might be
useful to a number of SEUL projects besides SEUL/edu.

--
Doug Loss                 God is a comedian playing
Data Network Coordinator  to an audience too afraid