SEUL-Leaders: Re: Updates to the webpage.

>  Distribution Sub-Group:
Sounds about right.

>   Development Sub-Group:
Bit to vague.  I'd say most of this falls under distribution, some under
software.

>      Software Sub-Group:
User-level software, "apps", right?

>    Publicity Sub-Group:
Publicity/marketing?

>  Documentation/Help Sub-Group:
Sounds good.

What I'm thinking is something a quite similar:

distrib group
	filesystem structure
		config-file locations
		define usr, usr/local, etc.
	package management
		which format?
		work with installer group
		work with admin group
	basic packages
		libraries
		admin backends
installer group
	initial installation
		trial
		full
		partitioning/loopback/etc.
	upgrading
		work with admin group
administation group
	automatic admin
		log rotation
		networking maintainence
		etc.
	manual maintainence
		control panel
		package management - work with distrib group
software group
	user interface
		window manager
		wm standards
		themes/configuration - with with admin group
	user applets
		work with external groups
		work with UI group to make sure they all mesh with all WMs
		cdplay, mixer, calc, few games, etc.
	normal user applications
		work with UI group to deal with look&feel
		word processor, spreadsheet, db, paint, etc.
	power-user applications
		work with external projects
		work with UI group
		graphics, 3D, visualization, complex DBA stuff, etc.
publicity/marketing group
	"external" web page maintainence
	work with commercial app suppliers to mesh products
	deal with media
	work out distribution methods
		floppy/CD/DVD/tape
		reseller, direct, get a big ISP onboard, etc.
documentation group
	user documentation
		help system
		coordinate docs/help with *all* products
	internal documentation
		standards documentation
		"internal" website - support all dev efforts

The only major difference there is the addition of the admin group.  I feel an
admin group is necessary because that is one of our primary goals.  We want to
make sure the entire system doesn't need the kindof administration that
traditional Linux systems need.

All of this is going to require quite a bit of organization, and someone
overseeing it all.  All the groups would have to work together, thus someone's
needed to mediate between them and try to develop a complete overview of the
entire system.  If that's your job, go for it.  Otherwise, I volunteer.

        Erik Walthinsen - Programmer, webmaster, 3D artist, etc.   __
 /  \           omega@sequent.com         Work: (503)578-5314    / /  \
|    | M E G A  omega@aracnet.com         Home: (503)281-4281   / / /\ \
_\  /_          psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu  Majoring in CS       / / /\ \ \
Omega Station: http://www.aracnet.com/~omega/                /________\ \ \