Hrm...

------- Forwarded Message
Date: 17 Mar 1998 20:59:27 -0000
From: bruce@va.debian.org
To: bruce@va.debian.org, debian-devel@lists.debian.org,
        pouellet@eng.utoledo.edu
Subject: RE: Are we in this for ourselves?

Pat,

I understand your concern. I've been watching the Debian development for
about as long as anyone. We've gone from being the leaders to being a little
hobby distribution, there's one Debian system for every 100 Red Hat systems
now. The subscriptions on our mailing lists are half of what they used to
be. The way we are running the project there is no chance that we will
ever be much more than an auto-erotic exercise for programmers, who write
for themselves instead of making anything that someone else would want to
use. I find this distressing, because I feel that the work I put into Debian
is being enthusiasticaly thrown away by developers who want it to be nothing
more than their personal hobby.

It's for this reason that I've just resigned as president of SPI. I want
no part of this rat pack any longer. I'm going to become a Red Hat user.

	Bruce Perens

- --