Re: SEUL: Re: Berlin is openning up! YES!!!!!

Aldo-Pier Solari wrote:

> This Berlin stuff sounds pretty good. Is it something for SEUL ?
> Is X-windows so bad indeed ?
>
> Cheers,
>
>         APS
>
> > Check out:
> >
> > http://www.ecnet.net/users/gfetters/berlin

It's something for Linux in general.  We will be able to use it in SEUL
if we choose to do so.

The Berlin page links to something in the UNIX Hater's Handbook (not
exactly the most unbiased source.....) on why X is so bad.

X is great for big networks where you need to run an app on one of any
number of machines.  It just isn't *quite* ideal for the home or small
office user.