Re: SEUL: SEOL Text EDITOR

Jeffrey wrote:

> Sorry I mentioned pico before reading all my email. I tried ae for the
> first
> time since my debian install. I had some problems running it in my vt100
> window
> but I think it's the best bet right now for a default editor.
> The dos edit and windows notepad are pretty intuitive except if the
> mouse doesn't
> work alt isn't always obvious for someone who always uses the mouse.
> If you put vi in command mode it seems to behave kinda like dos edit.
> You are
> always in insert mode and the error keys move you around.
> I'm off to look at source code. -Jeff

When invoked without a file edit.com starts with a small message
indicating the most important keys.  this would help.
also we could have a message at the bottom or top of the screen saying
"alt to activate menu?
--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."