Re: SEUL: Text editors.

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Kevin Forge wrote:

> Especially since it has an X Version that looks and acts like the
> CL version.
> FTE ... Another candidate for default editor ... console and X.

I have been trying to get fte to work, but it doesn't compile saying that
I am missing the 'gpm.h' file. A find command doesn't help. I don't have
the file on my system.

(a)	What package does gpm.h come with ? you'd think it would come as
part of GPM but according to rpm, it's not.

(B) 	Is the console version of fte identical to the X-Windows version ?
I can get the X-version going. For now I think I will just review that.

My gut feeling is that I like (for our purposes ) mcedit more because it
seems simpler, though not as powerful. But I'll take a closer look.

(C)

By the way, I tried compiling ee myself, and there's no bug.

So far I like ee and mcedit. Some time  this coming weekend, I will have
a fairly thorough website on the editors, and then we can all check it out
and try to make some decisions.

Already, mcedit screenshots & review have been added. Also , links to the
source code are being included.

-- Donovan