Re: SEUL: FIPS

The Thought Assassin wrote:

> > > Obviously, computers without DOS do not need FIPS in the first place.
> > Is this obivous? When Be releases its Intel port next month, I'd like to
> There are free versions of dos that are good enough for this.
> IIRC correctly, DOSemu uses one, or used to, and dosemu is free.
> _Certainly_ there are gratis versions available. Is this enough for us or
> not? Personally I would be much happier with a free version.
> I don't think a copy of DOSEMU on the install-floppies is the way to
> go, but I suppose it is a last resort :)

If I remember the DOSEMU docs correctly ( I read them a looong time ago
)
it is most similar to OS/2 DosBox.  This means programs on it "think"
they have bius and low level system access but in reality they exist in
a "pocket universe" ( Star Trek ... the universal language ).
So our choices are
A: improve the same old Linux based detectors.
B: Use Caldera OpenDOS ( they give sources too so it may be free enough
)
C: Write a new 16 bit OS ( Yeah ... right :)
--
: "Through the firewall, out the router, down the T1, across the
: backbone, bounced from satellite, Nothing but net."