Re: SEUL: Re: Project clarification (fwd)

On Thu, 8 Jan 1998, Star's End wrote:

> Actually I read a paper once about incorporating an AI into a shell
> capable of analyzing the prompt commands and creating menu buttons in
> a toolbar for frequently used ones. Anyone up to the project?

AI nothing, you could do it with a perl script.  All you do is count the
number of times each command is run, then put the top ten into a menu.
POC.

> For those who have done kernel code, the above is overly simplified. I
> guess it would be possible to create kernel modules of the entire Xlib,
> but I don't see any point to it. Its configuration would be just as
> difficult, and that is really why everyone complains about X.

You'd be turning Linux into NT.  I think that idea can(without argument)
be stuffed in the "Idiotic Idea" folder....  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
       Noble deeds that are concealed are most esteemed.