Re: SEUL: Re: extension binding/enlightenment

> It strikes me that we have a very powerful 'file' command, to determine what
> sort of thing a given file is. Is it feasible to extend the functionality of
> this command enough that we don't have to have explicit extensions?

Most certainly.  There's even a project out there to create an uber-magic
file, one that can ID almost every known file format in existence.  There's a
link to the project from ESR's page (www.ccil.org/~esr/), where you can also
find the Cathedral doc.

     Erik Walthinsen <omega@seul.org> - SEUL Project system architect
        __
       /  \                SEUL: Simple End-User Linux -
      |    | M E G A            Creating a Linux distribution
      _\  /_                         for the home or office user