Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, George Bonser wrote:

> <sigh>  This might actually be tough. We need a way to queary the card and
> have enough "canned" setups to be able to see what hardware is being used
> or ask the user the brand of the card (not the chipset).  Maybe something

If the user knows the brand and model of card, then that will be a no
brainer.  If the user does not, then we can try superprobe.  As a last
resort, we can hope they have Win95 installed and try to raid the Win95
configuration for the information.  :)  Does anyone know enough about the
Win95 registry to try and pick it apart in such a way?  :)

> can push it to the bleeding edge if they want to. Monitor type is
> important too. Don't want to blow someones horizontal amplifier just
> because we set a bad mode.

Microsoft was kind enough to provide us with a complete list of virtually
every monitor known to man.  :)  I have been meaning to parse it out into
a model/modeline database but I have not yet gotten to it.  :\