Re: SEUL: Re: What's the diff to SEUL ? (fwd)

George Bonser writes:
> Hmmm.  Would a DOS boot disk be possible ( using Caldera OpenDOS, of
> course)...

This is similar to a suggestion I made a few months back, but you should
use FreeDOS if possible.  OpenDOS is much less free than QT.

> ...that would ask the user which drive would be used for Linux and run
> defrag and FIPS before doing a loadlin and asking for a second floppy?

Why not pull the kernel off the CD?  That would require somehow acquiring a
set of CD drivers for FreeDOS, but it should still leave plenty of space on
the floppy for a fancy pre-install program to do all the stuff you suggest
below and then some.

> Should be easy enough for a DOS program to run defrag and then see how
> much of the partition is in use, then suggest a size for the linux
> partition that the user can edit before hitting "return".

Another advantage is that it eliminates rawrite and the need for perfect
floppies.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)