Re: SEUL:What's the diff to SEUL ?

On 17 Jan 1998 john@dhh.gt.org wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean by this.  I have a shared phone line and
> demand-dial works fine for me. My system doesn't dial unless it can get
> dialtone.

Sometimes it misinterprets voice as a dialtone, with is bad, as you get
loud tones in your ear :-(
If you keep talking, it can even mistake voice as an answer, and you get a
nice lot of screeching!!!
I don't know if there is a fix for this, but it is a pain, especially for
CI users.

Also, if talking on the phone, and diald retries 3 times and fails, it
dies. Dad usually reboots the system to get it working again, when I
wasn't there!!!

This is not user friendly for the CI user.

I think if using diald, these sort of things definatly need to be looked
at, as it is rather annoying for the CI user.

-Tim.

---
Debian/GNU Linux... the maintainable operating system. http://www.debian.org