Re: SEUL: Mail got bounced: Here are a few msgs that didn't get through...

George Bonser wrote:

> I am wondering something.  Say a business decided to use SEUL on their
> desktops. Lets say also that they have maybe 500-1000 pc's that they put
> SEUL on and are using a Qt application in the day-to-day conduct of
> business. Using Qt in a commercial environment in the conduct of their
> daily business.
>
> Is this allowed for free by the Qt license?

Absolutely!!!

The license draws the line on businesses using Qt for internal
programming projects that are not considered free or are not released to
the public.  So we obviously can't distribute the source code and
include files.

But if we include a GPL'ed application that links to Qt, there is
absolutely no restriction on who can use it.

> If that sort of use is allowed, I have no problem with including Qt apps
> in the bulk portion of the system.  It surely must stay out of Core but as
> far as including Qt apps in the mainstream distribution, I have no
> problems as long as commercial users can use it.

Yep.  Agreed 100%.

--
"win95 n. 32 bit extensions for a 16 bit
patch to an 8 bit operating system originally