Re: SEUL: New Test

Paul Anderson writes:
> And, what if a user needs something done that smail can't but sendmail
> can do?

Then they have an unusual situation and will need to install sendmail.

> For instance, my ISP configured UUCP in a really braindead fashion, so it
> changes paul@geeky1.ebtech.net to geeky1!paul,...

That's a normal UUCP bang path, which I believe smail handles with no
touble (though I haven't tried it).

> I had to edit the sendmail rewriting rules directly to get sendmail to
> not try to send the message to another system.

Anyone capable of doing that is also capable of figuring out that she needs
sendmail and installing it.  We can't provide for all possible situations.
jghasler@win.bright.net    Do with it what you will.