Re: SEUL: SEUL Admin software

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Luka wrote:

> go for it!
> there will need to be a fairly precise high-level architecture defined
> for the final product to turn out well, but that definition won't be
> ready for a while yet.
> til then, any test code people want to write to try things out or demo
> ideas would be useful.

I'm making progress with seuladmin, working on the addition of users right
now.  It creates the homedir, and copies the files from /etc/skel into it.
I have to make it put an entry in the /etc/passwd for the user, and put in
the mail file...  While I'm at it, I should have the script read a default
mail file from /etc/skel with a welcome e-mail to the user...  BTW, will
each user have a seperate group like in RedHat or will they all share the
one group of "users" like slackware?

> yes, we plan to follow fsstnd as much as possible.

Good, it's a pain when you run into people that don't even know what's in
the fsstnd...  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
		   paul @ geeky1.ebtech.net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request@lowdown.com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www.netcom.com/~tonyh3/speck.html
         SENILE.COM found . . . Out Of Memory . . .