Re: SEUL: Re: Trial or no trial

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Thomas Molesworth wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, Randy Heineke wrote:
>
> > 2. The resources required will dillute efforts on more critical work.
> >
> >    It seems that we will need something like trial install to do testing
> >    on a broad spectrum of users.  Several iterations of testing will be
> >    required before a product is shippable.  The earlier the testing, the
> >    less the requirment for resources to refine SEUL.
>
> Trial install shouldn't appear until full install is fully functional and
> looking good, _and_ is so secure you can build your house on it.
Like you are out of town and you have your SEUL CD and want to use a
nearby PC?

Thomas, I sure don't like being on the receiving end of lousy code.  So I
understand that you only want to release stable code. Trial install
sounds like a very handy way to test on users on their machines.  It
may also have some attraction after testing.  Are you saying that we
shouldn't even use it for test purposes?

I somtimes get these notions that terribly difficult to dislodge (like
testing with trial SEUL). Maybe you can help me what other models for
testing were you thinking of?

Thanks,