Re: SEUL: common file formats

> The Rich Text Format (RTF) was designed by Microsft and is supported
> by most of their word processing products, as well as word processors
> from other companies on other platforms. The format, I believe, is
> an open standard whose specification can be obtained at:
>
>    <ftp://ftp.primate.wisc.edu/pub/RTF/>

There are also rtf2latex conversion programs, as far as I know.

Nevertheless, what do you think about promoting HTML as a transfer
format? M$ _has_ to support it, it is ISO standard (as it is an SGML)
and there are many html2x and x2html convertors for most of the
systems around. In my experience, converting from a `detailed layout'
program such as LaTeX, PageMaker, MSWORD and so on to another one
always leads to pain. If it always goes via html the user will know
in advance to what level of graphical detail things get converted.