Re: SEUL: What GUI style

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Michael Peck wrote:

> Matthias Ettrich of KDE points out that a window manager is not a GUI.
> Simply slapping a wm on top of an install is a poor decision, in my
> mind. The concept of a desktop and an integrated environment is
> completely missing from the window manager, as are widget standards. If
> we are to leverage other work, I say use KDE as a foundation.

I knew this would come up sooner or later.

I'm sure we've all seen the newsgroup threads about KDE/Qt.  I would
prefer to avoid KDE because Qt (on which KDE is based) is not GPL or
similarly licensed. It's a shame, I really like idea of KDE.

Lesstif is maturing quite rapidly, how about an applet set based on
lesstif.  We could resuse quite a few already developed applets.

Brian