Re: SEUL: What GUI style

Brian Bruns wrote:

> I knew this would come up sooner or later.
>
> I'm sure we've all seen the newsgroup threads about KDE/Qt.  I would
> prefer to avoid KDE because Qt (on which KDE is based) is not GPL or
> similarly licensed. It's a shame, I really like idea of KDE.

I think the issue of Qt licensing, and the debate it stirs up, is a lot
of tilting at windmills. KDE is Qt's big chance at success, and I have
no doubt that Troll will go to any length to cooperate with KDE to make
it a viably-distributable system. A reasonable and acceptable
negotiation could be made, in my estimation, with Troll, if SEUL became
promising.

> Lesstif is maturing quite rapidly, how about an applet set based on
> lesstif.  We could resuse quite a few already developed applets.

Motif (and Lesstif, by extension) is, IMHO, an unacceptable widget
system. Just opinion.

MJP
--
Michael J. Peck