Re: SEUL: User Profiles (?)

Jeffrey S. Dutky wrote:

> Actually, this is not true: Most Macs, even modern PowerMacs do
> not use either IDE or EIDE. Macs, all the way back to the Mac
> Plus, have used SCSI as their hard drive interface. Only certain
> consumer market Macs and the PowerPC PowerBooks use non-SCSI
> hard drives.

I won't quibble over numerical qualifications. All Macintosh computers
ship with a SCSI interface, and always have (since the Plus). Many,
including all Powerbooks and Performas (as well as the new Power
Macintosh 6500 line) ship with an EIDE interface as well, and the
bundled drive mechanism is EIDE-based. This is not a small minority. It
represents a very large number of currently-shipping computers as well
as previously-shipped computers.

It's even possible that all 603-based machines have EIDE interfaces,
except for Nubus-based versions of same. I'm not positive.

MJP
--
Michael J. Peck
Hewlett-Packard, Convex Division