Re: SEUL: Mail announce techniques?

Roger Dingledine wrote:

> (Given that this is the publicity/public_relations/publications group...)
>
> What's the best way to do announces? Should I include all the text I can
> in the announce on the premise that most people won't follow the URLs I
> include, or should I just include a couple URLs with some text to glue them
> together, on the premise that people who actually care will be willing to
> follow the URLs?

I'd do both: include the URL, followed by a summary of what's there, of 4-5
lines.
It's a comprimise between giving enough so that they know they want to follow
the link, but not giving so much that the email gets too long to read.
But that's just my opinion.

Simon Waldman            email:  swaldman@bigfoot.com
Surrey, England.                 swaldman@seul.org
SEUL : Simple End-User Linux     http://www.seul.org
How did I know the B1 was an airplane? I thought it was
vitamins for the troops.       -Ronald Reagan