Re: SEUL: Article by Alan Cox

EAMorical@aol.com wrote:

> There is an article by Alan Cox titled:
> Cathedrals, Bazaars and the Town Council on
> http://slashdot.org/features/98/10/13/1423253.shtml
>
> Bob

  An excellent article. I feel that the SEUL project is dangerously
close to falling into the situation presented in the article. I have
volunteered my time for the SEUL project, have faithfully read all the
posts to all the lists for the past month or so, and I STILL have no
idea what we are trying to do here.

Simple End User Linux. What does that mean to the organization? To me,
it means the development of a distribution of linux that a normal
end-user can install and use. Has almost nothing at all to do with the
posts that I have read here or in the other SEUL lists.

Will someone please clarify this point? Before I can "show you the
code", I need to know what I'm supposed to be doing.

On another note, I volunteered to assist in the upkeep of the website,
and have yet to receive confirmation of the creation of my user account.
Will the person responsible for this please email me (off the list)
regarding this matter?

Thanx
Wayne Earl
"And the Geeks shall inherit the Earth"