Re: Re: SEUL: Website still going on?

On Sun, Oct 17, 1999 at 10:48:00PM +0000, Doug Loss wrote:
> > seul-edu@seul.org is the main source of, well, anything on seul-edu.  I
> > think that's fine and there's a lot of advantages to the more casual,
> > interactive nature of a mailing list.  But the archives themselves aren't
> > a great way to look through that resource.  The archives should still
> > remain, of course, as a complete and persistant reference to the mailing
> > list.  This would just supplement them.
[...]
> This sounds like a very good idea, and also something like what Bob Hopcroft
> was advocating a while ago.  If you feel like taking a turn at this, I think you
> ought to have at it.  Keep us informed as to what problems you find and how we
> can help lighten the load.

Well, first I need the fodder.  Does anyone know if the archives exist in a
non-html form -- like in an mbox format, or as plaintext?

The more I've thought about this, the more I've thought about
cross-referencing and all that -- basically, the Xanadu fantasy.  Since
replies are so often quoted, but at the same time are usually
superfluous when reading through archives...

But that's okay, I'll just fudge it by hand.  Anyway, I'd like to start
as soon as I get the raw information.

--
< Ian Bicking                 |  bickiia@earlham.edu                >