Re: More revised user types...

Pete St. Onge wrote:

> >> What I'd like to add here - Educational users - would involve folks
> >> at the college / university level.
> > No.
> Strangely enough, I agree with Karsten... :-)

Thank you.

>      I don't see why this wouldn't work for the 'adults' - though I'm a
> bit unclear about what should be done about the K-12 group, given the
> potentially wide discrepancies in knowledge and aptitudes. Any ideas?

This may not be critical -- this group may influence purchase decisions,
but doesn't of itself account for a large share of computer purchases.
Or not?  To answer the first question, it might be good to ask what age
group(s) will be using a machine, in addition to the age of the
respondent, and possibly whether or not the respondent makes the final
purchase decision -- or role in decision (make, authorize, advise,
none).

I like Roger's summation of this issue.

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)

    What part of "gestalt" don't you understand?
    Welchen Teil von "gestalt" verstehen Sie nicht?

web:       http://www.netcom.com/~kmself
SAS/Linux: http://www.netcom.com/~kmself/SAS/SAS4Linux.html

 12:51pm  up 31 days, 10:20,  4 users,  load average: 1.00, 1.04, 1.07