[seul-sci] Introducton.

Hi,
I think this is a wonderful idea to introduce ourselves.
My name is Mario M. da Costa, and I live and work in the tiny state of Goa in India. I have just completed my engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication from the Goa College of Engineering.

I am pretty new to Linux , I have worked a bit with Unix but it was mostly stuff like vi with a bit of shell and awk programming.

I have only recently started working as a trainee engineer for a VLSI company. I use Linux as a platform for running my simulations and really had to struggle with it. Nevertheless the more I struggle with it, the more I love it. I think as an OS, Linux is extremely rich in features, esp file handling provided you know how to use these features. Most of the work I do on Linux is for evaluation reasons, both for the OS as well as the front end software we use for simulating our designs.

I do not claim to be any sort of authority on Linux, nor have I totally stopped using Windows. I feel both have a lot to offer the user.

My programming knowledge is rudimentary, I do intend to learn C as well as perl.  I cannot say how soon as my work is hardware oriented.

That's about it.

Regards ,
mario

--

.............. in life, there is more imagination
                     than in all our dreams ...............

begin:vcard
n:da Costa;Mario
tel;cell:9822123393
tel;fax:91-832-783614
tel;home:91-832-250026
tel;work:91-832-783616 upto 783623
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ControlNet ( India ) Pvt. Ltd.;V.L.S.I.
adr:;;;;;;India
version:2.1
email;internet:mario@controlnet.co.in
title:Senior Engineer Trainee