(Self) Introduction

I am the regional research supervisor for the Sport Fish Division of the
Alaska Department of Fish and Game in southcentral Alaska.  My staff deal
with a variety of statistical and analytical problems in sport fisheries.
 I am personally interested in seeing an OS and software that is tailored
to the non-programmer research scientist.  Most Windows software is
tailored to business or for a specific segment of the scientific
community.  Commercial UNIX software is expensive.  As such, the SEUL
concept appeals to me.  I am fairly familiar, from a end-user
perspective, with the Linux OS and am also very familiar with Windows
software and what my staff and I have to do to get Windows software to do
what we want.  SAS (especially the Insight module) is the closest thing
we have to this kind of system.

Bob Clark
Regional Research Supervisor
Alaska Department of Fish and Game