Re: Proposal: New PROTOCOLINFO command for controllers

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Nick Mathewson wrote:
Design:

  We should add a new controller command PROTOCOLINFO that can be sent
  as a valid first command (the others being AUTHENTICATE and QUIT). If
  PROTOCOLINFO is sent as the first command, the second command must be
  either a successful AUTHENTICATE or a QUIT.

What happens if the second command is _not_ authenticate or quit?  I'd
suggest, "Tor closes the connection."

What happens if there never is a second command?  I didn't see anything
in a quick check of the control-spec document, but it seems like that
could be "interesting".

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."