Re: Proposal: New PROTOCOLINFO command for controllers

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, coderman wrote:
On 8/14/07, Cat Okita <cat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What happens if the second command is _not_ authenticate or quit?  I'd
suggest, "Tor closes the connection."

What happens if there never is a second command?...
could be "interesting".

Tor waits patiently... very patiently.  not too interesting, although
this behavior could be used to consume socket descriptors.  a timeout
(minutes?) might be useful.

Heh.  I was thinking in terms of "many, many requests", yes ;>  300 seconds
is a pretty common wait time - but given that this would be waiting for
either auth or failure, I'd think that it would make more sense to go with
a much lower timeout.

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."