Re: Tor on Android

Let's be wary of sacrificing security for "performance", especially without careful profiling and measurement. Although mobile machines are much less powerful than full-size machines, keep in mind that they run extremely complex stuff like WebKit acceptably. They have much weaker I/O, too, so it's not as if the network interface is flooding the CPU. (A problem we can only dream of having...) Also keep in mind that the myths and facts about Java (and C) performance are very application-specific.