[tor-relays] Request for help - Tor legal FAQ

Hi there,

EFF is updating the Legal FAQ for Tor Relay Operators, which we first
wrote about six years ago.

https://www.torproject.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html.en

To make the FAQ as current and useful as possible, we want to make sure
that we know about any legal issues that relay operators in the United
States may have experienced over the past few years.

To that end, does anyone on this list know about situations where...

...a relay operator has been sued or prosecuted for anything Tor-related?

...the police have seized servers that are running relays?

...someone has tried to use a legal demand (like a subpoena) to figure
out who operates a relay?

Please email me off-list if you know about an incident like this or
anything else you think I should be aware of.

Many thanks for your help!

--
Marcia Hofmann, Senior Staff Attorney
Electronic Frontier Foundation