Re: [tor-relays] Call for discussion: turning funding into more exit relays

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:51:35 -0400
Steve Snyder <swsnyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> allegedly wrote:

> Allowing exits from ports 80 and 443 will always carry the risk of
> abuse complaints.
>
> It would be better to retain 80 and 443 as exit ports and just block
> traffic to the Google/Yahoo/AOL/etc. mail servers but I don't how
> that could be done with their respective load-balancing schemes.

IP address based policy is tricky to use when large systems can use
wide address ranges. And these addresses change over time.

Question for tor developers. How hard would it be to change the logic
(and syntax) of exit policy in tor to allow domain based formulations
like:

reject *.gmail.com
reject *aol.com

etc.

Mick
blog: baldric.net
fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B  72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312

Note that I have recently upgraded my GPG key see:
http://baldric.net/2012/07/20/gpg-key-upgrade/