Re: [tor-relays] Port 8118 Traffic?

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM, Geoff Down <geoffdown@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014, at 12:55 AM, Dennis Crawford wrote:
> Hello -
>

> I just recently installed a Tor Relay and now I'm seeing a TON of port
> 8118
> denied requests in my log.
> Am I doing something wrong?

No, someone out there is sniffing relays for open HTTP proxies - you'll
find it mentioned in the list archives. If it concerns you, you can
report it to the originating network, but if your firewall is doing its
job....

Furthermore, this relay is also advertising itself as an exit node, and the network thinks that it can be used as one:Âhttps://globe.torproject.org/#/relay/541D0AEF5BCA6F2D6285FEC2CF8E87AE9F8771A6 (note the exit policy and the Exit flag.)

Since the intention (as i understand) is not to have it be an actual exit node, better to have this in the torrc:

ExitPolicy reject *:*

--

Kostas.

0x0e5dce45Â@Âpgp.mit.edu