Re: [tor-talk] Tor Exit Node Operator Raided in USA.

--- On Mon, 8/29/11, Matthew <pumpkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/08/why-ip-addresses-alone-dont-identify-criminals
>

> If you run an exit relay, consider operating it in a
> Tor-friendly commercial facility instead of your home
> to make it less likely that law enforcement agents will
> show up at your door.

Hmm, I am surprised by the EFFs advice here.

It it is legal as they claim, shouldn't they be
heralding us to run an exit node at home and not
be intimidated by ignorant law enforcement?  And
that they will help defend us in case of an
issue?

After all, they are recommending open wireless
access points from individuals:

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/04/open-wireless-movement

Strange,

-Martin