Re: [tor-talk] Tor and AES-NI acceleration , and Tor profiling

I'm a bit confused: I see a lot of time in
assign_onionskin_to_cpuworker and I don't see looking in the
code why this should take long. I'm also not seeing lots of time in
onion_skin_server handshake, which is apparently a big slow point that
had to be put in its own thread for responsiveness. The same with
circuit_unlink_all_from_orconn. Apparently crawling a linked list is
the new bottleneck.
Sincerely,
Watson Ladd

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/18/2011 10:44 PM, coderman wrote:
>>
>> hi Moritz, were you able to gather updated stats now that additional
>> flags are present?
>> i am very curious about the performance profiles you've observed; they
>> are unusual :)
>
> The stats (opdump/opreport/vnstat/dstat) are still being generated and
> public. I have reset oprofile now so the files better reflect the new
> situation (bandwidth at ~500Mbps now, with peaks up to 700).
>
> --
> Moritz Bartl
> https://www.torservers.net/

Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin