Re: intro

Please note: I've signed onto the list using a different email address that reaches me at home as well as work.

>Well, it was just a suggestion, about the PC version.  It's also a matter of
>perspective.  I tried playing
>the C64 version a few times on an emulator (x64 I think) and didn't find
>this pixel-movement-thingy
>very appealing.  It can probably at least partly attributed to the emulator
>acting a bit choppy, but
>some of it comes from the fact that I'm simply much more used to
>square-based movement.

I like the idea of putting a choice in the game settings. It could be as simple as choosing "PC-style" to get square-based movement and PC/Ronen monster properties, or "C64-style" for pixel-based movement and C64 monster properties... or you could choose field movement and monster properties separately.

A couple people offered to set up CVS... would one of them want to be the project manager? Whoever ends up being the project manager could decide whether to use Sourceforge or Seul.

- Mike

--

UNSOUND PRODUCTIONS
http://www.eyeballsun.org/

--

"Sometimes it's hard to believe that everybody is so incredibly enthusiastic about the digital revolution. I have to say that I'm getting a little burned out on all this stuff. I now have eleven computers and it's a really big job keeping up with the updates and things keep crashing and I've gotten to the point where half the time all I want to do is throw all this stuff out the window--floppies, zip drives, monitors, mice--everything--just get rid of it. I mean I'm spending so much time fixing things and learning new systems and I'm thinking, 'Wait a second. Is this how technology is improving my life?'"

--Laurie Anderson