Re: SF vs. Seul (was:CVS and other hosting issues)

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 10:34:12AM -0400, Felipe Bergo wrote:
> My advice is: if you are less than 10 people, stay at Seul.
> Sourceforge is only worth if the overhead of account creation @seul is too
> much (e.g. too much people entering and leaving the project). Seul does
> provide CVS, mailing list, FTP, HTTP, SSH shell to development hosts.

Actually, adding accounts is pretty easy for us too. It's not
web-automated, but it seems to work pretty well.
I've actually been out of the country for the past month or so
(and then at Berkeley presenting at a crypto conference), but
that's why there's more than one seul person. :)

One of the main pluses for seul is that I try to pick projects which
I think would work well together to help move Linux in the direction
of becoming more useful to 'normal people'. It produces an environment
where we care a little bit more about what the projects are up to and
how they're doing.
It's a community of people who work together on things, rather than
a massive automated project-grinding system. :) (Each has its place,
of course, particularly for projects that are just starting out and
haven't proved their worth yet.)

(But we shouldn't be having this thread here. Move it to seul-pub if
you want to debate the merits of seul vs sourceforge.)

Thanks,
--Roger