committed some minor fixes

Tzuk's commit looks great! XArchon in CVS is much less broken now.

I am now back to fixing my bugs in the new board logic. I just
committed the following changes:

* put print statements inside #ifdef directives. To enable them, define
  DEBUG_BOARD or DEBUG_BOARD_RULES.

* If you tried to select an imprisoned actor for the exchange source,
  you got the message "Alas master, this wizard/sorceress is
  imprisoned". I fixed it to name the actual selection.

* If you cast a spell that results in a field battle (such as
  teleporting something onto an opponent), the spell would remain
  available. Fixed.

* At the end of a regular move, garbage was displayed in the message
  area. Fixed.

However, I did NOT try to fix the following:

* If you select an imprisoned actor as the TARGET of an exchange, the
  exchange takes place, and the SOURCE becomes imprisoned in its new
  location. I wanted to check with y'all about what the correct
  behavior is.

Here are some other known bugs I have yet to tackle:

* Summon Elemental doesn't work. The spell doesn't fit well with the
  scheme I came up with, and I need to make sure I'm handling it the
  same way in all parts of the code.

* When your turn starts, there is no message. The message area is
  black.

* If you pause the game by hitting Esc, and then select Stop from the
  menu, XArchon crashes with a segfault.

Have a look, enjoy, and as always, if you need help getting access to
cvs, just ask me!

- Mike
--
Our world has sprouted a weird concept of security and a warped sense
of morality. Weapons are sheltered like treasures and children are