Re: [Computerbank] Our service philosophy and linux

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 08:46:08AM +1100, Penni Diffey wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:06, romana wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Of course there is also the obvious point apart from the immorality of using
> windows (my zealots opinion only)

Well we shouldn't be supporting convicted criminals anyway should we.
They have used a monopoly to market and rip off people for years.

> No really what I wanted to say was don't forget how can someone on a low
> income afford to buy licensed software. The dole is about 380 per fortnight
> and a sole parent with 2 children to support recives about 600 per fortnight.
>
> That's still less income than pfn than the cost of XP

Great point Penny. If they can afford Windows and probably office apps,
then they can afford to BUY a computer. We offer a way for people with
limited income to get involved with computers- Please don't lose sight
of this folks.

Shaun
--
Shaun Branden, email:  shaun@pcuse.com    It's a damn poor mind