Re: Shop UI

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Matthias Grimm wrote:

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:27:12 -0500 (CDT)
Jonathan Koren <jkoren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
shore.  The ocean uses all three sea hexes, deep, moderate, and
shallow. Since the attacking force initially begins at sea, its force
is loaded on to troop ships.  Eventually the sea becomes too
shallow for the troop ships, and the force is must deployed via
hovercraft.

Interesting. According my experience it is not possible to move a unit out of a transport into another transport in one single turn. First you have to move the unit out of the first transport and in the next turn you may move it into the other transport. But this can't be done with tanks on sea.

Yeah I know. It forced me to add barrier islands. I don't exactly like it, but probably on the whole the "you can't both unload and load on the same turn" rule is probably pretty good one.

Are you able to move units from a troop ship directly to a hovercraft
laying nearby? Am I right or have I missed something?

You're missing something, and I was wrong.

I thought comet allowed you to load a hovercraft and place that loaded hovercraft in a troop ship. It doesn't. However, in the game. If you load transport and load that transport onto another transport, the inner transport is unloaded into the outer transport. This is the same behavior that happens when a loaded transport moves into a city.

There isn't a nesting of containment relationships in CF. Everything is inside the the outermost container. If CF is going to allow cities to preload containers, I think whether or not this functionality should be extended outer containers to preload inner containers should be considered.

--
Jonathan Koren World domination? I'll leave that to the jkoren@xxxxxxxxxx religious nuts and Republicans, thank you.
http://www.cs.siu.edu/~jkoren/ -- The Monarch, "Venture Brothers"