Re: Transportation of units

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Matthias Grimm wrote:
On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 04:15:26 -0500 (CDT)
Jonathan Koren <jkoren@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wouldn't allow nesting of containers. This could become very confusing and mouse click intensive in game play. Every transport could contain another transport which again can contain a transport. This isn't very realistic and difficult to handle. So I would prefer the container handling as it is with [unload-and-load in a single turn and preloading of containters from inside other containers]

I agree nesting can result in confusing and mouse intensive game play and those are both valid reasons for disallowing nesting, but I wouldn't say that it was unrealistic.

The US Marines have amphibous assault carriers. The deck of the ship allows helicopters to land, and the hull of the ship consists of a wet dock for hovercraft. The hovercraft are loaded with all sorts of vehicles, including Bradley fighting vehicles (basically a cross between an APC and a light tank). It is easy to imagine an assault where a hovercraft would come ashore, unload the Bradley, the Bradley would drive up and then dismount a squad of marines.

--
Jonathan Koren World domination? I'll leave that to the jkoren@xxxxxxxxxx religious nuts and Republicans, thank you.
http://www.cs.siu.edu/~jkoren/ -- The Monarch, "Venture Brothers"