Re: Unit due to appear on an occupied hex

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:46:59 +0200, Dave Fancella <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 03:37 pm, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
When a unit is going to be created (by Create Unit event) on a hex that is
already occupied, nothing happens. This may be a
[...]

I don't see a problem with this, sorry. :) I recall that in Operation
Market Garden, the Germans had occupied one of the drop zones, and since the
radios were broken, the fact of the occupation couldn't be reported to the
pilots and soldiers, so the reinforcements got gunned down when they dropped
on the occupied drop zones. Same problem for supplies.

Maybe it could be made optional, which would allow a normal routine to happen
where drop zones are automatically relocated to accommodate occupation, but
then we could still simulate Operation Market Garden properly. :)

Well, sometimes it can be "realistic" but now I want the infantry to arrive. If they were paratroopers, well, maybe. But they are coming by foot to take the factory and we can assume that they are not blind :-). I'd like to have these troops (if only in this mission) to arrive at any circumstances...

Andrej