Re: gEDA-user: Specifications

Art Fore wrote:

Also, can you do cross-probing between the schematic and layout?
Cross-probing, if you don't know, is where you have both the schematic
and layout open on the screen and they are linked so if you highlight a
net or component on the schemtic, it is highlighted in the layout and
vise versa. A fantastic tool when you are troubleshooting dense boards,
especially prototypes.

Art

This is something I'm working on. Cross probing from schematic to layout works but is only in the CVS versions of gschem and is not enabled by default yet since it is still in the experimental stage. I do not have any layout to schematic cross probing done yet. This will probably take some more work as I don't believe (I could be wrong) that gschem has a way to listen for commands.

-Dan