Re: gEDA-user: postscript board fab artwork

George M. Gallant, Jr. wrote:
I do homebrew image transfer boards with gschem and pcb. 15 mil trace expands to
about 20 mil under heat and pressure. 1/4 oz boards are great for etch time but the
underlying glass fabric causes visible waves in the transfered toner.

George

I am curious as to how this really compares in terms of cost to a place like APCircuits. I've used them a number of times for small 2 layer boards and they're fast, cheap, and easy to deal with. Its been quite some time since I priced just getting some copperclad, a bottle of etchant and some of that blue heat transfer "paper" but I could easily see it getting somewhat close or maybe close enough to where the time spent etching your own covers the rest of the cost of having the board made by a real board house.

-Dan