Re: gEDA-user: postscript board fab artwork

On 7/26/06, Taylor Jones <taylor.jones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks for the APCircuits tip!

I wonder if anyone else has sources to suggest for cheap 2/4 layer
prototypes?

As DJ said it depends on features, size and how long you are willing to wait.

When I do boards (and footprints) I try to use design rules consistent with
AP Circuits and PCB Express requirements. A number of other vendors
can meet these
design rules so pick the lowest cost vendor that meets your quality and
schedule requirements.

To save money (and time) on your prototypes you could buy boards without
silkscreen and solder mask.

If you have a few boards to do you could panelize and cut them
yourself. If you have
some friends that need boards you could combine their boards into the panel too.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org