gEDA-user: PCB etch test

Here's results of my experiments with toner transfer:

http://shop.cottagematic.com/photos/etched-board-epson-photo-paper.jpg

and more up one dir   http://shop.cottagematic.com/photos

The transfer paper was Epson photo printing paper -- hard to scrub away all the
paper coating, so perhaps Gootee's rec. of Staples brand is something to do next. As is the yield will be low at 8 mil traces but small boards could get 50% yield. My current project will need to use 12 mil traces and 15 mil spaces to get away from that problem. Black spots on the photo are partially etched copper in this process, using H2O2/HCl etch bath, (ask me about formula if interested). Bridging blobs between lines are mostly the paper coating, rather than where the toner was, the toner as printed on transfer paper is:

http://shop.cottagematic.com/photos/toner-on-epson-paper.jpg

My panelized layouts have exact dims. so I could measure the accuracy of my laser printer, and I get 3185 mils for a dim. that should be 3200 mils. I'll see ifI can figure how to do some postscript programming or imagemagick scripting to transform the postscript to counter the transformations laser printers do.

John G